something with glue in!!!

Discussion in 'Farrier Photo Contests' started by david a hall, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Not really I used to have to get the stud manager to give me a personal cheque when I did some for a Saudi prince!!
  2. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Shoot, that ain't nuthin'. My wife does procurement for a Wal-Mart distribution center. :p
  3. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

The more money they have the less they wanna part with it.
  4. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I hope this isn't off topic, but I really didn't want to start a new thread to ask.

Does anyone know the secret to pulling the %$^&!?$ wax paper backing off sticky side of the Vet-Tec foam pads. It's easier to pull them both off the foam than it is to separate them.

Every time I have to do it my blood pressure rises. Usually I get it by the time I get to the fourth corner, but it sure would be nice to get it the first time.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a suggestion.

Regards
  5. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

I use my knife to separate the to layers its a smaller object so it usually is quite handy to separate them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

I have the same problem they're a pain in the ass, glad to hear its not just me
  7. Offline

I've been using these since they came out, and they've never changed, and I've not gotten better at it. They could at least put a tab to lift on one corner.

Regards
  8. Offline

Gabino Active Member

complutum2.JPG
    Today,I shod two foals.The first is "sweep by the wind" (do you spell in this way??).The hooves are too little,I don't have boots for his. Extension medial in the left,front-lateral in the rigth.

The other foal has relaxated deep tendon.I put Dallmer clog dorsal extension.

complutum.JPG
  9. Offline

We call it windswept. Cool picture and solution. Please remember to show us pictures in a couple months, in case I ever have to deal with this, thanks. I suspect that without additional mechanical manipulation at the carpus, you may end up with S shaped legs, but I'm just guessing. Hope it works out.

Regards
  10. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

I saw a load of these in oz they used dalric cuffs taped on from day four or five and they came good, some needed follow up extensions and periosteum scrapes (at the time were all the fashion) only ever saw one in ireland and it came good just left in a small paddock for a month.
  11. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

A small toe extension from today

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      63.2 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
  12. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

Foundered Arab, 11" of 3/8x1 aluminum with 2 nails and then glued on. 1 inch thick UHMW clog bolted on as a hospital plate so magic cushion can be changed throughout the cycle. Back half filled with impression material.

DSC06148a.jpg DSC06150a.jpg DSC06154a.jpg DSC06158a.jpg
  13. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

Some pics of when I first started 2 years ago.

DSC03582a.jpg DSC03586a.jpg

Attached Files:

14. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Any results on the November contest?

Any December contest?

Ray
  15. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

#

I think Sir Chris Bunting might judge the next one
    will wait till see what David says
  16. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Okay this was tricky as there isnt a bad job in the whole thread. there were some whose application of the glue was beautifully done, and no one knows better than the people who apply this stuff that results are the important thing, how ever when people use skill and expertise to cure the incurable and aplly the synthetics with "care and finish" it is a testoment to the trade and the people who post here. We represent about 0.0001% of the trade but no one can deniy the level of skill and knowledge that comes from the collective on here is second to none.
    I checked with some of my colleagues and everyone agreed that Justin's horse is the winner but everyone else was a close second.
    I will move this thread in a day or two for people to use as a resource and to add to.
    David