spiral deformities

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by boris, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Offline

boris New Member

Hi guys! I have a question. It is known that the foals may have congenital angular deformities. What about spiral deformities of long bones of the limbs? Another words toe-in or toe-out conformation. If it is not congenital deformation what is the mechanism of appearance. I don't know the answer to this question. Have opinions?
  2. Offline

monty.styron Active Member

Not sure i understand your question but mare and little ones diet can play large roll in limb development
  3. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

This is usually hereditary or congenital. It can be influenced to the good or bad by diet, activity, environment and trimming. The further distal the the bone, the earlier the growth plate closure time. You can make corrections based on the following closure times: Proximal P2 = 3 to 6 months
    Proximal P1 = 4 to 6 months
    Distal canon bone = 6 to 9 months
    Distal Tibia = 18 to 24 months
    Distal Radius = 24 to 30 months.

Keep in mind that trying to correct one joint may have a negative effect on the others. Best to just try to keep the feet balanced, rather than to over correct.

Regards
  4. Offline

david a hall Moderator

5. Offline

boris New Member

I ask you guys to evaluate my theory appear toe-out and toe-in conformation. As an example we will consider bone P1.
    Congenital valgus of MCP joint causes a deflaction of P1 from the center of gravity of the leg. When the hoof is in the air it is the law of physics will seek to straight flight trajectory. This will cause the finger horses to slightly change its position in space. And the hoof at the moment their feet will touch the ground the lateral side. The movement of this side of the hoof will slow down considerably as a result of friction. While the medial side has not yet touched the ground it will continue moving forward with the body of a horse. It is occured torque which causes P1 to rotate along its axis outward. Turns and hoof capsule. It is formed toe-out conformation. The hoof becomes diagonal.
    This same pattern occurs of toe-in conformation.
    If the angular deformities are in carpal joint a turning inwards or outwards starts from the knee. Toe-out may be accompanied by reversal out carpal joint.
    In conclusion we can make at least two assumptions. Rotational deformities of long bones of the limbs are the result of angular deformities. Rotational deformities are not congenital but acquired.
  6. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Yep that is corect...
  7. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

So does a horse have 4 centers of gravity - one in each limb?
  8. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Sometimes two.
  9. Offline

monty.styron Active Member

only one Tom it shifts to witch ever limb your trying to hold up
  10. Offline

boris New Member

If we say about a horse - one. But we are talking about a limb...
  11. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

12. Offline

boris New Member

The beginning of the limbs is not Cm of the body.