Squashed Heels

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Susan Holden, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Offline

jack mac Guest

That's amazing Sherlock . No Tenderness when pressure is applied to the frog. Very healthy looking Frog. dumdum!!! Not True Navicular . This barley hay Susan has been feeding.Does it still have the odd bushel of barley mixed through it & if so could it of possible been sitting out in the paddock , Got wet & gone slightly fermented before consumption ? My eyes don't tell me lies & Susan's is not telling the full story on here feeding. Feeding only lucerne & barley straw. That in its self is not a good diet . lucerne being an alkaloid extremely high in vitamin K & the place where the horse is kept seems to be pretty much a dirt bowl with hardly any green pick. But what do I care .True navicular it is If that makes you happy Jaye. ;)
  2. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Thanks Pard for accolade of "Dumb, Dumb"!!!!!! Bulbous frogs can be an indicator of internal foot problems 80% of the time.
  3. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Jaye can you go a little more into that..about the frog and would be great to see a pic if ya happen to have one...thanks..
  4. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

Are the legs on a bulbous frog jucier than the ones on a regular frog?
  5. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Travis,
    I will in a few. In mean time look back to ur horses and see which ones had a "Bulbous frog" with lameness issues; home work.........
    have ones ever noticed when under the front end a horse,( thoracic JacMO) the leg being worked on; head drops. Coffin Joints.......mmmmm
  6. Offline

just passin through Member

Jaye,what are bulbous frogs? Flat n hard Round and thick? Have you had more navicular horses with low heels or high heels? Which horses have more bulbous frogs?
  7. Offline

jack mac Guest

When you say Bulbous .Are we talking about the horses frog or your ugly head Jaye ?:D Jaye If your going to make up imaginary Shit . Can it at least start with once upon a time.:rolleyes:
  8. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

Once upon a time there was a man called Ned Kelly...................:whistle:
  9. Offline

jack mac Guest

10. Offline

jack mac Guest

Ned's first documented brush with the law was on 15 October 1869 at the age of 14 when he was charged with the assault and robbery of Ah Fook, a pig and fowl trader. Ah Fook. A pig and fowl trader :D
  11. Offline

DeniseMc Member

12. Offline

Susan Holden Member

Thanks for the thought Denise but its not a problem down here in Southern Aus. We got to the job today. Mal took off quite a bit of toe on both feet. Glued on a plain wide web aluminum shoe with quarter clips. He walked off well but the next couple of days will tell.