the most you have done in a day

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ray tyron, May 2, 2013.

1. Offline

gary evans old and slow

I'm not doubting you Smitty, forgive me if you thought that was my intent.
    I'm saying I'm not capable of it. I have neither the skill, nor the endurance these days.
    And in answer to Chris's remark - I do know what hard work is. As a younger man I would be up to milk a couple of hundred cows at 5 am then shift 1/2 cwt bales of hay or straw by hand till afternoon milking, milk them again and then go out and shift bales again til 10.30 of 11.0 at night - and we'd keep on doing it till it was done. Hard work, but pretty unskilled stuff.
    What Smitty did requires both skill and physical fitness. These days I have neither... :(
    But then I don't have a mortgage any more either, so thankfully I don't need to! :)
  2. Offline

Justin Decker Active Member

So it only took 3 1/2 hrs ;):)-
  3. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I can do 17 clinches in a day, if I start early.
  4. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Must be me,

I suggest starting a thread dealing with credit cards ,which could lead into discussions of business styles ergo payments and we continue to pollute the" how many a day thread" with credit cards, business , and now union stuff,( and I use stuff in place of other words"

Linda, I know you know how to start threads.. you ve done it... , I m deleting everything here that is not having to do with how many in a day.

Ray
  5. Offline

Platerforge Guest

physically, I used to more.....now I feel it worse these days so 6 is enough for me; but up to 13 is really pushing it and I am tired; so my work is not as good as the first one of the day.
    Note: I try to shoe in am when I am fresh; and in the eve try to trim where as I can have it easier when I am tired. try to do it that way now.
  6. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I don't think that they're strong on arithmetic in the UK. Over here, we're all just lazy.

Regards
  7. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

I work to live I don't live to work.
    That's why I'm out here in the sandpit I hope to be semi retired at 40.
  8. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

not really understanding this , say you shoe 5 horses in 4 hours using baggies what the hell do you do for the rest of the day ?
  9. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Hobbies Chris! I play Gaelic football and rugby so spend approx 16 hrs a week training/travelling to training, I go motox'n bout three times a week so that's bout 12 hours a week imcl travelling + an hour or so on bike maintenance I spend bout 4 hours a week in the gym. Also if I did 5 sets in the racing yard I'd have close on 3 hours travelling so that would make it a 7 hour day.
  10. Offline

your semi-retired now davy LOL
  11. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Ha ha it's the life alright Chris, my aim is to be able to have it in Ireland though.
  12. Offline

you will have to buy a pub when you get back home to keep out of the rain
  13. Offline

i could help prop the bar up
  14. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Ha ha that would be the problem If i ever did buy one I'd be holding it up too much myself.
  15. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

I here ya Dave... Hey if a guy is doing 300 k a year and is still at it after 10 years because he has bills...he just might need to get a handle on his wife spending or invest in a Dave ramsey total money make over..
  16. Offline

david a hall Moderator

Im planning on retirement sometime, I think that it will involve soup kitchens and cardboard. But I think there will be lots of cardboard and a long que for the soup.
  17. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Or.... he should have married ME!!!!!!!:love:

I know how to save a man's money and take care of my man's life to have a good life ahead!!

and lot's of Awesome Honeymoon Loving :love: too!!! got ta keep the man happy and you happy in the Happy department(y):ROFLMAO:
  18. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

19. Offline

Tejun Member

More than once I have heard if you're judging yourself by how fast you can do it and how long your shoes stay on your focusing on the wrong things.

On a sidenote I think some of you would be terrified if an IRS agent found this forum post hahahaha!
  20. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Or just make sure the wife never has horses!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List