To the Farrier Rodeo: a thank you.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mary Ann, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Offline

Mary Ann RaySteeleDaveHallEricRussellTravisDupreeReed Fan

To whomever coined the "Farrier Rodeo" moniker and to all who posted the witty too and fro banter, moderating quips and redirections: I want to thank you for the respite from my grief.

You sure brought me some much needed smiles.

And you reminded me of why I am always most contented when I can hang in the company of professional horsemen. Takes a keen mind and a soft heart to handle a horse well. Specially when you seek to nail on steel and not worry that magnificent 4 legged beast.

And farriers are horsemen in every sense of the word.

Now my father was not a farrier, but in his youth he was a true horseman indeed. New York City Irish, rough and tumbled and sent upstate to a dude ranch to reform his fighting ways. Thirteen falls in a row from a bareback brideless Mousey made him a horseman. I think that horse honed him to be the loving man strong man that he came to be.

He went to be with my mother yesterday morning. He was a man among men. A soldier among soldiers. He was a father among fathers. He nor his children were ever perfect, but he taught us the goodness of good. In both deed and love he left his grands and great grands a good path to follow.

Please lift your glass for him! Thank You Pop for loving us! And Thank you God for taking him tender in your arms.
  2. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

Mary Ann,

Please accept my condolences. He sounds like the kind of man I would like to have known.
  3. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

My condolences.
  4. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Great post, Mary Ann
  5. Offline

dana fenn It's complicated . . . .

I am so sorry for your grief, Mary Ann. ((hug))
    i lost a very close farrier friend last August and still have to pinch myself that Thello is not here anymore.
  6. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad you had so many years together, and I'll bet there was an awful lot of quality time there.

My God, that was such a lovely post above. It really shares the feeling you have about Pop in a way that all do understand.
    I heart you!
    Karen
  7. Offline

Susan Holden Member

Condolences from us Mary Ann.
  8. Offline

gary evans old and slow

I lost my dad 18 years ago and still miss him to this day.
    You have my understanding, sympathies and condolences.
    Gary