TWH Soring, Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by George Geist, May 19, 2012.

?

Should the Horse Protection Act be strengthened?

Yes 13 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

WOW !
  2. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Thank You God of Farriery!
  3. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

After all these contentious years we at last find common ground and agreement. Its too bad your original post on the subject was deleted because it said it so much better.

Hmmmmm, just in case anyone was wondering what Jack said in his original post on the subject, here it is:
  4. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

WTH was wrong with that comment? The comment about "bible thumping Jesus lovers" was uncalled for, but JM simply stated an opinion. A lot of that stuff looked more like torture devices. O think I met Wilhelm at equifest one year. Seemed to be a grouchy, unpersonable sort, and was too good to tell me what any of the shoes were for.
  5. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Travis,
    So that there is known, Earl Wilhelm and I are friends and do some business that is, Earl does by product from me and we have worked some shows together displaying wares. This sums up my relation ships with a good # of folks in this industry and some on this forum.

*My read of the above is that ,based on your statements ,
    you are not sure if it was Earl Wilhelm who you met,

you don't know what the shoes were for or how they were intended to be used

the person who you don't know who he was.... seemed.... to be grouchy/unpersonable and to good to tell you what the shoes were for...

I can guess till the cows come in as to how you might have asked ... but that is an aside, in this post you ,to me anyway answered your self.

Do you think that your post should stay up?

Regards

Ray Steele
  6. Offline

That about sums it up. Accurate too. ymmv
  7. Offline

jack mac Guest

Well it good to know who JPT is. Earl the Pearl .What a Gem~~~~~~~
  8. Offline

ROTFLMFAO!!! I didn't know that anyone outside the State of Illinois knew him by that nickname.............
  9. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

I got a question has nothing to do with any of the above ..maybe ray can tell me.. does earl the pearl make all those shoes by hand or they cut on something like CNC ...
  10. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Travis,

I don't know, I 've never asked,

Suggestion, call Earl and ask, I know several folks have told me that they have called and spoken to Earl ,and that he was very helpful, Usually you get the answering machine and he calls back.

Regards

Ray Steele
  11. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Thanks ray..I was thinking even though one may not agree with him his style or what he does ..I can not denie some of those shoes if worked by hand is a bit of art in my opinion..
  12. Offline

I'm almost certain it was him, even though it was years ago. Woulda been at the Kansas Coliseum.
    I recognized the logo, rarely run into anyone named Wilhelm, and how often do you run into someone selling something similar to what he carries?
    More than likely, I said, "excuse me, sir, but what are these shoes for?" I know. What a bastard. How dare I.
  13. Offline

They appeared to be all handmade.
  14. Offline

jack mac Guest

Look again.The majority are plasma cut & Stamped with an high pressure air punch. clips & other fittings T.I.G welded then finished on a belt sander, buffed & polished. You have to wonder who would want to buy those horse shoes & nail them on a horses?I'm being polite by calling them horse shoe's. I'm gathering this may be why Earl the Pearl dislikes Mr Tom S so much. They both use plasm torches to cut out shoes. However I doubt very much Tom S would nail a creation like Earl the pearls churning out on to a horses hoof. It having something to do with Tom S being a little more classy & up market with a choice of shoe he would choose to nail .
  15. Offline

Looking at a lot of them, I simply can't fathom WTH kinda foot they'd go on, much less what they'd fix.
  16. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

I don't know the man but am willing to bet that he can make any/all those by hand and, if they are made as you say , it comes down to speed/efficiency.
    Though I don't agree w/ or shoe that way, I havan't seen a shoe in that gallery that was made to sore a horse.
  17. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

Good reason for you not to buy or try to make any of them then. Given a bit of thought, most are atleast somewhat self explanatory.
  18. Offline

jack mac Guest

neve
    Never said he couldn't. I haven't seen a shoe in that gallery that was made to sore a horse. I've never seen hooves or a horses natural action those shoes would suit.
  19. Offline

just passin through Member

Jack,i don't think you know what you are talking about. But what difference would it make if they were cut out with a torch? Not just you but everybody makes fun of things they have never been exposed to? Just think how old you are and this is the first time you have ever seen anything like that?
  20. Offline

No shit, you old . But a lot of them aren't