vote off the island

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pat Reilly, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Offline

smitty88 Well-Known Member

its not a nice thing to have to choose
    i would not vote
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I believe I have a bit of perspective here.
    I have been severely abused by Jack in the past. Through months of counseling, and the fact that I'm young and good looking, I have been able to overcome the trauma. Sometimes I even gave Jack a bit of crap back, though nothing that was up to his standards.
    I have learned a bit from Jack, and have been entertained by him. The thing about the way Jack comes off, is that he sounds like a Farrier.

As to Pat; I have had the privilege of attending a clinic Pat presented, that was excellent, watched him work on horses, excellently, and sat around eating and drinking with him. I can say that he is a fine person, a great Horseman, and Farrier. I've seen photographic evidence of his non-glued Farriery, and heard from other outstanding Farriers, that it is excellent too.

I think both should stay and continue to contribute.
    Remember this also, the best way to squelch offensive posts, is to read and not reply.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Bill, can you swim? shrk.gif

:D
  4. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

5. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

The thing with characters like Jack Mac... although they can at times be interesting and amusing... and hell, some of us just love a good old fashioned dust up :D (or the interwebz version thereof), they drive a lot of posters way who prefer not to put up with that crap.

The decision for a site like this is to either moderate guys like Jack, or to lose some good posters, and probably never get some other potentially god members.

If we were all down the pub yarning about shoeing, someone would've gone outside and sorted him out good and proper by now.

That's my $0.02
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

gone outside ? give me a break
  7. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

In respect of the ladies Chris. ;)
  8. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

they can look , some might learn
  9. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

I guess I'm old school; I won't post anything, I wouldn't say to somebody face to face. But Jack just goes off, without any risk of the ass whooping he's entitled to and no one pulls him up for it. Even a grumpy 80 yr old man wouldn't get away with that mouth of his. It's like Jack's mouth is writing checks his sorry ass can't cash.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

It does get OLD really quick I must admit. I would hope everyone would have something to offer when it comes to Farriery but when the threads go south it does get tiring? Why not have a thread where those that want to bash each other can go do it and leave the rest of the threads alone..nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree without personal attacks...? I dont visit what is it Coth and I still have problems login on to Horseshoes?? Anyway I might founder on all the Popcorn !!! Get along folks?
  11. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

I'm here because I was invited to join.

Just following the ground rules (or lack thereof) as Ray has thus far set and enforced them. To that I add that David has been doing his job as moderator quietly and behind the scenes.
    One other thing Just Passin' Gas, at least I have the ethics and honor to use my real name when I post, you on the other hand hide behind some screen name, which, for anyone who is interested is why you got banned from horseshoes.com eg: you refused to follow the rules for posting even though you were given numerous opportunities/chances to correct your actions. That you are no longer allowed to post there is no one's fault but your own.

Evidently, you don't grasp the concept.............
  12. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

I vote Pat stays!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Offline

Tom Stovall New Member

Personally, I think anybody too gutless to sign his posts doesn't have anything worth reading. I neither know, nor care, what excuses folks use for not signing their posts with their real name; I believe that hiding behind an alias, especially while directing ad hominem at someone, is despicable and beneath contempt.
  14. Offline

Platerforge Guest

the guys; when the woman takes the bully down:mad:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

16. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

Ok,so most here know who Pat is, know his work, have learned from him or his work or his research, but how many know Jack? Why would we want Jack around talking in circles about nothing and telling us all we are crappy and stupid? Why not have Pat and have a recourse we can use? I've almost sworn off these sites cause they have lost the learning aspect for me. Their just soaps in another medium. I understand there has to be some commraderie and joking and even disagreements, but the personal attacks and BS make it not worth coming to read.

Travis got the boot, that sets a precedence. Jack needs the same door so we don't lose a great resource.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

mmmmm.........
  18. Offline

ray steele Administrator

For the sake of clarification,

Travis has not gotten the" boot"/banned, nor has the other entity.

I have said that I will take the time to delete any posts put up by them,

Travis may come back if he apologizes and asks the membership if he may rejoin, and if they,the membership says ok.

The other entity is having their posts content deleted, I could not consume enough alcohol to come up with the gonads to ask the membership the question about that entity coming back, if you want me to I will,.....

consume the alcohol that is. A ban would bring Pat back as per his statements but the entity has not been banned.

I have had a # of suggestions given to me basically asking that all members and posters sign with their true name and possibly a way to verify... thoughts on this subject would best be posted on another thread so as to keep this one on track.

Regards

Ray Steele
  19. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

ok.
    I am Mr. Perry. Jaye D. Perry.
  20. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

Well if Jack stays and Pat leaves, I probably won't let the door hit me in the ass on the way out. It will be a quick exit. It's to much of a waste of time muddling through the shit to get the small bits of info a person can use. It's your playground, but there's no fence keeping me in or others out. Sorry, but I think it's time to shit or get off the pot and decide how some things here have to run. Your dodging the responsibility by saying you want the members to decide how things should go, and then when some ask for something, you waffle around and do nothing. Your going to lose a great resource in Pat (and nothing from me) just because you won't ban the biggest problem you have. Doesn't make much sense to me, but as I said, this is your headache not mine.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List