vote off the island

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pat Reilly, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

WOW! Pard! "Do we stand on the shoulders of gaints or do we swim in mediocrity/(the past, "Ba Bam" "The Way")?"
  2. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

Jaye, all I can say is I've learned a lot more from you and Pat over the years than anything I've ever read from Jac. I'm just a hack who plays a farrier for the customers I serve, but when I need help it's the good people who step up to help me learn so I can help a horse. Your clinic is one example. Pat calling me out of the blue a couple years ago after viewing pictures on HS and helping me tons is another.

I just think it's smart to keep those who contribute to the future of our education, not the ones dogging us and dragging us down.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

I think even the fellow who sang the song in Rick's post can see where this is going.
  4. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

If this was really an island, one would be thrown off a cliff.....and the rest of us would starve to death
  5. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Sounds like a great idea for a reality show. Aren't they supposed to resort to cannibalism in those stories?
  6. Offline

Some organization is needed to successfully feed the group. Some organization is needed to successfully keep a group working together. Some organization is needed to create some kind system on how all can agree on when to toss a person off the cliff. And the person with the "flush button" needs to also agree to that system.

If not, it's just an angry mob tossing someone off the cliff-which is not working well enough.
    No cannibalism involved-yet.
  7. Offline

Pat Reilly is right. If he meant "us" instead of "I", he would be saying that all the professionals here are too valuable, educated, and helpful, to have to put up with or be subject to being slandered, and abused, called idiots and f***ing assholes that are clueless-by an unknown entity. As well as those who want to exchange information or learn from others.
  8. Offline

Are we talking about organization as a verb or noun? I'm meaning verb. Organizing about how many strikes , and what those strikes are that lead to blocking someone from a membership. :)
  9. Offline

As a noun, you're right. As a verb, just meaning that instead of going on for 6 pages of BS that you all had to go thru, sacrificing your self-respect, the members and the mb owner need to agree on committed steps taken to oust a troll. I'm glad Pat said something. I'm glad you said something in the past as well.
  10. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

Ok, it's Saturday, is Pat still here? Is Jac gone? Has anything been done or decided? Is the group going to take the reins and give Ray the rules the way he asked? Is Ray going to run things his way? What's up?
  11. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

I think I'll have a beer.
  12. Offline

dana fenn It's complicated . . . .

don't forget the popcorn . . . . ;)
  13. Offline

George Spear Member

I'm drinking a corona at the moment but I prefer Dos Equis.

I vote to keep Pat.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

George,
    Try the old lime trick in the Corona. I just finished a couple someone left over from the weekend - Maine Potato Blossom Festival, you know. It will kill the skunky taste that about 50% of the Coronas have (works with Miller too) :)

Regards

PS: don't buy beer in clear or green bottles. YMMV
  15. Offline

Well, maybe intent? What was Jack's intent? It doesn't seem that his intent was to learn or teach, or have an argument about methods, or just hang out and enjoy the company. It seemed like his intent wasn to get people angry

I only know Thomas from here. Aside from Thomas with Jack, I havent seen Thomas come here just to piss people off. He will get heated arguing a point, usually about humane care, but I have not seen him here with the sole intent of trashing people, and making people angry.

And I guess if Thomas is a horshoer's groupee, that would go for me and several others as well. Nothing wrong with that.

George, is that close to a fair meaning?
  16. Offline

George Spear Member

Horseshoer groupies? I think if women are attracted to shoers I should make a cologne like Axe. If I sell enough I can retire.

"Nipper" mens horseshoer cologner - Gently scented with the essence of sweat, thrush, burnt hoof, in a base of equine manure and urine. Guaranteed to attract the fillies or your money back!
  17. Offline

Ben while you weren't here, we nominated you the leader and the conch shell is on it's way as we speak
  18. Offline

ROTFL.gif
  19. Offline

Susan Holden Member

We had a stoush like this over Travis. I think a simple members poll. When the majority vote someone out that should be the end of the issue. Look at the peace and increase in posts once the decision was made. Jack has a track record of behaving for a short period of time and then losing it. He can not refrain from getting personal and that IMO should be good enough reason for outing someone and it should be a ban.
  20. Offline