vote off the island

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pat Reilly, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

Damn, George, I haven't used that phrase in quite some time. For you to remember it you must be at least part elephant......;)
    Absolutely. In this case how about 260 weeks or 60 months?
  2. Offline

Pat Reilly Active Member

That's my one regret out of this George- I should have left this between Ray and myself and not involved other members. I mistakenly thought that Travis was banned due to the membership's position. I still won't post as long as Jack is able, but I want to apologize to people for putting them in an unfair spot.
  3. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Pat, whatever words you used, someone had to take that step and get this situation discussed.
  4. Offline

DeniseMc Member

What is wrong with just ignoring his insulting posts? I think he does it just to get someone riled up. You may call them "trolls" here on the internet, but I know people like that in real life. It's how they get their kicks. If you don't respond to the poking they quit poking. It's no fun to them when they can't push your buttons-and believe me, they know which buttons to push. They are masters at reading people and knowing which buttons to push.
    If Jack ( or anyone) disagrees with someone's opinion about a protocol-so what? It doesn't hurt to bring up opposing viewpoints and force folks to actually think about or research the debated subject, or does it?
  5. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

is somebody taking the **** here , have you seen the name of the latest new member ?
  6. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Chris,

translation please?

ray
  7. Offline

You mean this one "JackMcgphq"?.

Time will tell, as will the actions of the Administrator and Moderator(s).

In the mean time, it would seem that positive actions have been taken so I hope that Pat will stay here and continue to post timely and relevant stuff.
  8. Offline

Mary Ann RaySteeleDaveHallEricRussellTravisDupreeReed Fan

Pat - I am sure you are not much happy with the outcome. I know I am not. I kinda liked Jack a lot. He had some great banter and could talk feet and horse. I really enjoyed his colorful use of words and spelling. And I enjoyed his counter points on some of the horse discussions here. Jack was also known for some great apologies.

I did not like his personal attacks. And I don't care much for other's personal attacks and swipes either. (Remember how Karen was being treated?) MOF second thing I did after posting earlier on this thread was to report your original post and flag it as a personal attack - cause it is just that. I know you see it now - but maybe not when you were up in arms when you started the thread.

Though you seem intent on keeping yourself 'removed' cause it does not say "banned" under Jack's name - you have really got your way you know. Each time Jack posts it is swept away. And though not to your liking, it is the same as a ban - only this way Ray does not have to keep chasing alters.

So give Ray a break.

And give us all a break by asking for this thread to be locked or deleted ... it just perpetuates the very thing that sent you packing: more personal attacks.
  9. Offline

lets have a vote , i vote Jack should stay , IMO its childish this stupid him or me , just ignore him if you are not man enough to read his posts
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Offline

That's all well and good when the viewpoint/debate is civil and on topic and when both sides can present cogent arguments/substantiation. This was, for a preponderance of the time, not the case with Jack. And I think that Tom Stovall put it best when he said
  11. Offline

Is this your passive-aggressive way of doing the same thing?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Offline

there are plenty here who do not sign their real name , i agree on quite a few things Jack says , i cannot say i agree with the way he says it sometimes but what the heck it doesnt justify spitting the dummy out . i get called things all the time , i agree and disagree with farriers everyday using all sorts of terminology , but we never fall out , i couldnt careless what folk call me as long as its not late for my dinner
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Offline

Jack and Pat stay ... please stay ... if the promoter don't mind and the union don't mind.. just a little bit...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDXSAqrUl_g&feature=related
  14. Offline

LOL I could not be any more direct - nothing passive about it or me.
  15. Offline

And for sure if any of us wanted to we could read back over "on topic" discussions by Jack where some of the innocents popped in with personal attack blather. Including the idolized Stovall. I am sure there is a history - but it is past.

Time to move on and scrap this thread.

Let the mods moderate.

And re read Mr Geist's post. It is a good one.
  16. Offline

DeniseMc Member

It would be great if we could all act like grown-ups all the time and debate issues/protocols intelligently. But the world does not always conform to my wishes.

and Tom is entitled to his opinion too.
  17. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

The troll has been given a virtual dope slap. Would that he could be given an actual one. But he is effectively gone, and that is a good thing IMHO. Continuing to to discus him just feeds his substantial ego. I agree that this thread should probably be closed. It no longer serves a useful purpose. I'm taping a thumb tack to the "J" key on my keyboard.

Regards
  18. Offline

Above personal attacks reported.;)
  19. Offline

DeniseMc Member

8585638-spoiled-baby-boy--crying-to-get-his-mom-s-attention--isolated-over-a-white-background.jpg

MOMMY MAKE HIM STOP!!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Offline

(n)
    Including your own?