vote off the island

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pat Reilly, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Really u pus! Post what you want us read; us minions need to be informed. ignore and move on.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Offline

Mary Ann RaySteeleDaveHallEricRussellTravisDupreeReed Fan

See Mr Perry's post - directly!
  3. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

"U Pus" was a Greek philosopher. :)
  4. Offline

just passin through Member

jpt

please take this request to another venue

ray
  5. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

So now were going to have the PC police? I'm all the sudden for farriers only in this section where I wasn't before. This could be a good site if someone with common sense would take the reins and run it. Jack hasn't contributed as much as a pimple's worth of good info compared to most others (including Pat), and he continues to derail threads, call people vulgar names beyond even a good sailors discussion, and y'all think he's funny.

I actually think Jack might be what he says he is, but he is not a personable type forum member. Yes he can be put on ignore, but then following a thread can be tough because there are sometimes gaps and sometimes not. If he could act normal more than not and not go into tirades on specific people I'd say he's worth having around. But I don't think it's possible.

If we're going the PC route and Mary Ann is going to report every time someone says that another person is a doofus and Jack is going to be kept around and let post but have those removed (which doesn't make a damn bit of sense cause we can still see some of the post before they are removed and it makes more work for Ray and David) then it must be time to do the same thing as happened over at HS, read some, quit posting, get more work done, and get more out of life than a soap opera on a farriers site.

Bye!
  6. Offline

ray steele Administrator

For the sake of continuity,

the post issued by Mary Ann and the reply by plater forge were deleted , because I really don't think this belongs in this thread nor this site.

ray
  7. Offline

Mary Ann RaySteeleDaveHallEricRussellTravisDupreeReed Fan

It was a little risque.
  8. Offline

Platerforge Guest

it was? I guess:rolleyes:
  9. Offline

Platerforge Guest

all it was....was having a bad hair day and shoeing not showing anything else.;)
  10. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Mary Ann, That's the problem with the Internet........... One cannot determine intent or tone. To me Pat should be the one to "object" to the attack because only he would know if it were really one.

Jaye calling out Pat was in jest. Jaye and he are close, those that know that are not alarmed at the poke.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag. That could have gone on for days, with everyone taking sides, and the Farrier Groupies telling us all how to act and think and deciding when to end a thread.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

He changed his name to that after visiting the Far East, climbing the mystical Mt. KomonIwantaleiya and spending five years studying with Master OhYooou Puscee-san. On the voyage back to his homeland, he learned from a deckhand how to bait a hook and fish. By the time he reached his homeland shores, he had become a master baiter. Unfortunately a strong storm blew in. The boat foundered and he alone survived. That led him to seek refuge in a cave, high on a mountain, vowing to never again venture out on the sea. Occasionally he ventured forth from the cave and spread his philosophy of "Baiting" to the great [also] unwashed masses. Soon his philosophy spread and so many became so adept at it that the Delighted Company of Master Baiters was formed. To this day, the membership survives and has grown far beyond anything U Pus could have ever imagined.

And now you know the rest of the story......:)
  13. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Bill. As far as farrier groupies go, I just can not understand how pissy you are about a FEW owners that stick around because we ADmire what most of you guys do. Can't you find something more important to be pissy about?
  14. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

LOL, well that cat was suffocating.
  15. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Ben. 5 or so owner-members post here on a regular basis. Why are they so intimidating?
  16. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!! PERSONAL ATTACK!!!!!
    The Rolling Stones never had their Groupies telling them how to act.
  17. Offline

Zach's Horseshoeing Member

Cant we all just get along

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. Offline

George Spear Member

I'm single now so farrier groupies feel free to PM me.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

Hahahaha, that's funny! Intimidating? I don't think so. Buy annoying? Yes, especially when you start reporting posts as personal attacks when you have no clue what they mean. Maybe it should be farriers only in the upper section and owners down below. It would keep things easier to follow and help in the learning without distractions. No offense, but this place is going to hell in a hand basket if it's really suppose to be a farrier site based on learning. If it's suppose to be the local BS chummy chummy give your buddy a good ribbing, then it's headed the right way.

I don't mind the owners being here and asking a question for clarification, but getting into the discussion doesn't seem to be helping or working. This is just my opinion. You want to pick on someone for really not liking the owners here, keep beating up on Bill. He can take it.
  20. Offline

Platerforge Guest

please. don't want this to shut down or close off. Please ray don't let this happen

let's talk about shoeing and that's all; except for the small chit chat from time to time on off the subject. this is a good learning tool plus I pics to put up here when ever I can get some one to post for me; I have to learn sometime; and I have some really special pics of shoeing ect to post here.
    Let's shoe.
    I hope my prayers are answered, please.