vote off the island

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pat Reilly, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

No, but unlike you, The Stones probably knew the value of groupies
  2. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Ben,

I guess it's(the site) gone to "hell in a handbasket" a couple of times for you from what I've read, could you clarify for me what you mean by "bye"?

Regards

Ray
  3. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Lucky Bastard!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Offline

The only 2 people so far that have been annoying were both supposed farriers. The handful of owners have absolutely nothing to do with this place going to hell in a handbasket. I don't think it's fair to lump all owner/members together every time one makes you mad. The report button comment was a joke, and what's it to you? You'll never know who hits the button.

Most of the threads that have been trashed WERE in the owner section started by an owner and trashed by farriers. I'd like you to post a few examples of owner/members derailing or interfering with following a thread or interfering with learning. In the farrier section. Not including threads like this which affect ALL members. Oh yea, I'm a member just like anyone else here. I'm tired of members like you dissing other members for no good reason at all.
  5. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

6. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

Karen, I'm not mad, I just think if this is a site for horseshoers and members there should be two separate posting areas. Both with rules to control things. If that's not how this site is going to work so be it. Doesn't matter who derails a thread, it's a PIA. I haven't blamed anybody, farrier or owner, your reading to much into things and being defensive. You want to be a member of a farrier site so you can tell your friends that's fine, I don't care one way or another. As for dissing, take as you think, but that ain't what I'm doing. Again your reading to much into it.
  7. Offline

Ben Sturman Wanna Be!

George, I don't think and haven't thought it was a good idea but it's not my call. This is Ray's place and he get's to make the decisions.
  8. Offline

I'm not mad at you either. And I don't mind anyone's opinion. I'm not a member here so I can tell my friends.
    But owners have been starting threads in the owner section and asking a question or 2 in the farrier section. But owner/members have never been the cause of any of this $hit, and putting a wall up between the 2 sections is not going to solve anything. And this thread appears to be a "member" thing not a "farrier" thing.
  9. Offline

George, you are a real stand-up guy! And it is ironic about some of those loud complainers.
    I'm still waiting to hear why the handful of farriers have to make owner/members miserable just because they like the subject matter.
    Thanks, George.
  10. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

i don't give unless asked for first.
  11. Offline

Travis Morgan Copenhagen. You can see it in my smile!

swept
  12. Offline

ray steele Administrator

ray sweeping
  13. Offline

ray steele Administrator

George,

with this info being posted by you here,

I'm not sure if it means your gullible

or that your one who volunteers to put the fire out with your can of petrol!

If gullible, the entity has shown that its word means nothing,

if your offering your bucket of gas , don't

ray
  14. Offline

Maybe it is the owner/member section. Some farriers feel that section is for slumming.

Way back when, when I had an important job here, Jack had told me there are only two people he trusted here. George was one of them. So maybe George passed the message on without bias?
  15. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Funny. I thought some owners thought the farrier section is for slumming. Go figure. :rolleyes:
  16. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Didn't we get the news that Jack Mack had committed suicide six months or a year ago?
  17. Offline

Clint Burrell Active Member

Does it realy matter?(n)
  18. Offline

George Spear Member

No that was his twin brother who appeared for a while on horseshoes.com. He if you remember was also a farrier with a remarkable similar writing style to his brother. He was eventually banned over there like his brother had been.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Offline

Platerforge Guest

YES:mad:....he is still a human being; and had a life; and he was Still someones's son, father, brother, uncle, cousin and farrier; and his life was still valued!!!!!
    don't even go there!
  20. Offline

dana fenn It's complicated . . . .

And i guess i took it as meaning to let sleeping dogs lay. i could be wrong tho!