What happened ???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Zach's Horseshoeing, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

I like chips, but I would add french fries to the list.:D

Regards
  2. Offline

chris bunting Well-Known Member

Rick over here chips are real mens french fries
  3. Offline

4. Offline

Yeah, Chris, I notice you guys screw up a lot of words. ;) No problem with that. Just out of curiosity, though, what do you call those thin crispy potato thingies that come in a bag? Some in flavors like barbeque, sour cream and onion, etc

Regards
  5. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Chris,

you may want to reread your statement until you understand it............take your time and let it sink in...........no pictures necessary.......... cause as I read what you have written, real men call them french fries and i m presuming according to you, that those folk who eat chips are not real men,from your words..............and i would not even think of judging folk by the food they eat, not that such nationalistic bs should matter on a farriers forum, but..................being the person that i be..... i thought i should point it out!

ray
  6. Offline

gary evans old and slow

crisps
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Course another interpretation ,going back to Sr. Mary Agnes, 5th grade, who taught me among other things, keep it simple Raymond, (stupid)

if i leave out the "real men" part, " Rick over here chips are french fries", now at least to the simpleton that i be, it all make sense..............I just knew there was an interpretation.

ray
  8. Offline

gary evans old and slow

we tend to refer to those thin potato things that McDonalds and the like serve as french fries and chips are thick slices of potato that you get at one of the fish and chip shops that every town or village has.

french fries
    ffries.jpg

chips
    chips.jpg

though some may not see the difference...
  9. Offline

KyleK Member

I told myself I would stay out of this.. But here in Canada.. Your "french fries" are just called fries.. Your "chips" are simply thick cut fries and the meaning of chips is what you get in a lays or old dutch bag
  10. Offline

KyleK Member

So by your standards everyone in canada are real men.. Unless you dont eat snack food
  11. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Sorry my man,

unless the vernacular has changed, in parts of Canada, some of these fried tuber concoctions are known as pom de frites,

my in laws French Canadian heritage will be proud of me for clarifying that!

Regards

Ray
  12. Offline

Kylek , i understand its not easy for you canadians , not knowing what language you should speak , but must say you trained some bloody good pilots for which us Brits will be forever grateful
  13. Offline

KyleK Member

There was definitely awesome pilots on both sides, and we are ALL grateful for them! And I certainly know I speak english! Wish I would have taken more time after school to keep up with french.. Every tool you have in your toolbox for life comes in handy one day.
  14. Offline

KyleK Member

In the western parts of Canada the majority of the french we come across is on the cereal box every morning. I live in Alberta. But still alot of francophones around. And in a few towns the signage is in french
  15. Offline

ray steele Administrator

I ll pass on the latest weather forcast for this winter in the western ma. area, delivered by a customer who happens to be a small town cop/police officer.

according to the local highway crews, this winter will be mild! This forecast is predicated by the collected evidence/observations that the yellow jackets and stinging insects in general are building /have built their nests close/low to the ground vs last year they were high up.

Stay tuned for the next discussion as to what constitutes high and or low.............that report is due out May 2015.

Ray
  16. Offline

Up here we predict how much snow we will get by how high the snow shoes are hung on the wall.

Regards