will the site be shut down if things get off topic

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by travis dupree reed, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Offline

travis dupree reed Active Member

Started so not to derail David post.... I been on the forum for a fairly short time and its been shut down one time and threaten two times...you may ask why does it matter...it may not to you but to some it does ..ray pointed out I did have a post deleted ..so that everyone knows ..it was a joke nothing jabbed at anyone maybe to racey for ray and I respect that... In my Shoeing shop we joke we may tell a risky joke ... What we don't do is curse each other out..we don't treat any horse owners with disrespect and we may disagree but at some point we agree to disagree at times...if someone gets out of hand that person has to go home right then.. we don't say others have retardation ..but those are my rules...I'm willing to follow what ever rules ..I don't give ray any ultimatums on if so and so don't go I do... Or erase any threads..I kinds go along and get along with anyone..but I hate when the threat comes down to just shut it down.. are we here to stay .. go or bad ..if it gets put of hand are we shutting it down..or simply is it something ray just don't know and it Kat or may not...I don't visit any other site I don't troll six sites I come to one and only one I have time for..I guess the reason it bothers me is its extra work to take and post pics to all be lost at a shut down..I willing to go with what ever but I do feel its a fair question as we all help to make this place what it is imho..
  2. Offline

ray steele Administrator

3. Offline

George Spear Member

Travis i have to stress how its important to stay on topic.

So anyway it was a close match between the US womens beach volleyball and austria but we won. And the sync mens divers got the bronze. Opps back to topic so I was shoeing this horse today when............ Sorry had to go get a beer but I'm back now. So anyway I'm really enjoying watching the rowing you dont get to see that much in a non olympic year......... opps back to the shoeing thing again. So Mitt Romney insulted the queen or something. Darn its hard to stick to the whole horse foot thing. I think I'll come back tomorrow and see if I can stay on the topic better.
  4. Offline

ray steele Administrator

George,
    please let me know what you are saying, I don't understand!

thanks Ray
  5. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

I think that its easy for the topic to stray.
  6. Offline

ray steele Administrator

ray sweeping,feel free to return to your original programming, while we deal with a ... insert your pest name
  7. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Kim,

thanks for the explanation, I think that Travis was perfectly clear

Regards

Ray
  8. Offline

Mary Ann RaySteeleDaveHallEricRussellTravisDupreeReed Fan

Ray - In the spirit of your stated desire to talk horseshoes, I would be most appreciative if you would stop any further reference of your opinion of me. As I explained to you it was in humor. The great JPT of lore has been pursued by many a posting farrier to uncover who he is. My posting of unflattering pictures of me with cartooned references to child's play was in fun. Plain fun. I am not the stuff of Hammering Honies for sure. And I am equally as sure that my post had nothing to do with you wanting to shut the place down. Most likely it was pressure from the friends of yours or Mr Reilly's demand that you ban folks.

In either case - my opinion on the matter matters not. But you are positively rude in the way you reference me in this personal matter of yours.

Do you need me to hand you a broom Mr Steele?

[IMG]
  9. Offline

ray steele Administrator

ray sweeping
  10. Offline

ray steele Administrator

nope as to if i need you to hand me a broom

regards

ray steele
  11. Offline

ray steele Administrator

ray sweeping jack mac,

jissus travis see what you have created, please talk horseshoeing, i'll giveyou a bye...not..ray
  12. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Travis, it took me a while to get to know you way back when I had that important job. I've seen you try to inject common sense where there is none, and unbunch people's panties, etc.
    I certainly understand what you're saying here.
  13. Offline

ray steele Administrator

I'm deleting the follow up ,but leaving this ,and will post the new domain name in the interest of farrier science when it shows up,
    ray ... jisus travis reed you owe me!
  14. Offline

ray steele Administrator

sweeper
  15. Offline

George Spear Member

Just trying to be funny. Guess it was a miss LOL. I was agreeing with the on topic thing but then rambling deliberately.
  16. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

George, you can be gay. That is acceptable. Funny is not acceptable.