winter slow down

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by monty.styron, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Offline

monty.styron Active Member

Holliday season is allways slow in this country mostly trimming .normaly i look forward to it .little fishing ,work my owne horses for a change ,do a little shooting and putter around the farm.but this year were preparing for a move so its not so mutch fun. Years ago i be i would be hunting up work this time of year but i decided a wile back god created winter so farriers could heal up and rest .what do you all do .take it easy ?find other work?
  2. Offline

Western Hill Forge Active Member

My business only drops off about 10 %. I do have a lot of down time, and then very busy days because of the weather and holidays.

Regards
  3. Offline

ray steele Administrator

Here in beautiful downtown Gill ,Ma, the thermometer reads a balmy 2 degrees below zero ( approx minus17 c) as i type this, no flies, no mosquitoes, and my arse keeps trying to back up to the wood stove, but there is leather to be cut and clenchers to be finished.

why the hell do i live here, i hate winter

ray
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Offline

brian robertson Active Member

winter builds character; this farrier world needs more characters for sure...
  5. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Man I know what you're going through Ray, last week it got down into the high........ oh, sorry Ray I'll shut up now.
  6. Offline

Draftshoer Active Member

It was about 9 degrees here in North Georgia this morning. Ray nobody hates winter more than me.
  7. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Now you got time to forge. Get out and pound some iron.