Winter

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mikel Dawson, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Offline

Mikel Dawson Active Member

Came in with a vengance . Woke up Sunday morning with about 5" of snow on the ground. Temp yesterday evening just before sundown was -5 (C). Guess we'll see what the rest of the winter presents.
  2. Offline

JTFarrier New Member

we have about 10-15cm of snow and temperature is about -20c. drill and grinder are sounding little tired:confused:
  3. Offline

david kelly Dave Kelly

Yeah winter is setting in here also, down to 21* - 24* during the day 8* to 12* at nite, it's awful
  4. Offline

Platerforge Guest

We are still having "Indian Summer":) here in the states. Up to 60*F today; and up to 66*F Tuesday, sunny and mild.
    It's when we have the first fall frost (32*F/0*C)and leaves falling........temps go up to very mild summer type weather.
  5. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Mike, you keep that stuff over there. Last time you came to my sandpile you brought enough winter to last a decade . . .;)
  6. Offline

Rick Burten Professional farrier

Mikel, its 71 degrees here right now. Later in the week, down in the mid 40's. No snow in sight and we really need a bunch to help end the drought. Don't think it will get as cold this winter as it was the day you did your cert.
  7. Offline

I'll never forget that day. It was so hard to make shoes with the cold wind blowing on the anvil sucking the heat out of the steel. I was never so cold in my life. It took the entire trip to your place to get warmed up.

Tom, are you sure you don't want a little bit? At this writing it is a small -5 (c) this morning. Yesterday when I pulled out my anvil to do a job, it was all frosted over. Glad you both got good weather. Just keep your hurricanes over there!!
  8. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

We're getting more rain tonight here in the Pacific Northwest that will send the rivers over their banks again.
  9. Offline

George Spear Member

down to 269.261 K tonight up to 280.372 K tuesday and sunny. not too bad in maine. i'm giving temps in kelvin as i find Fahrenheit and Celsius sound much colder than kelvin.
  10. Offline

BRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr. I had to set my computer monitor from 5700K to 6500K just to be comfortable reading your post.
  11. Offline

Where in the NW are you? I'm headed to Portland to visit family come 2 Jan as I'll be off work for a while.
  12. Offline

Bill, you better break out your long johns and parka!!! :whistle:
  13. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Here in Eureka, Humboldt County, California, it's not cold enough for a parka, but we may need small boats to get around.
    I have family in the Portland area too, Mikel. Also Tacoma, Lewiston, Kamiah.
  14. Offline

Platerforge Guest

ahhh!!! 70*F and t-shirt weather today, mild 56*F right now; and ahhhh!!! Indian Summer.........we only had one hurricane this year too.......we are having sunny, sunny, sunny mild weather. Sorry, our English farrier Chris couldn't stay longer and enjoy this weather even more:giggle: with us.
  15. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Cold front came threw this afternoon and dropped temps to the 70s been in the mid 80s all weekend, Bill send your extra rain east will ya? Feet are like rasping rocks , same as summer time...:(
  16. Offline

Gary you can start the Association of Rock Raspers . . . ARRrrrrrrrrr.

Just trying some dry humor.
  17. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

20degrees right now and it's 9PM

That's Celsius BTW x1.8 + 32 to convert :):)

[IMG]
  18. Offline

Gary Hill Active Member

Good idea there Tom...but I would rather be the guy selling rasps instead of buyin so dang many...way toooooo DRRRRYYY, Mate!!:)
  19. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Repeating this for the autumn's "Indian Summer" Weekend!!!!.........66*F Sunny, chance of Autumn's lite showers:); then more like Christmas type weather after Tuesday with cold, crisp, dry 45*F sunny, evening low's in the 32*F.......(0*C) for those Europeans:D..LOL

Just letting you know the weather report here in America!!!!!(y);)
  20. Offline

Platerforge Guest

ps. me thinks someone is trying to bring English weather over here.:eek:

damp, chilly high 30's F with a lite drizzle of autumn showers.:mad: hope my Indian Summer is here for Saturday.:unsure: