WWYD- Farrier Disagrees with Vet's Rx

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Karen Fletcher, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

No Plate. i have seen people do the same thing; resents and resists as their teachers did. thus no furthering of crucial developments in their collective fields. they get fired, harbor resentments and feel the world is changing to fast. There in lies the "bombastics" of a person(s) who is/are still apprenticing after 20+ YEARS.
  2. Offline

Platerforge Guest

Toche; I know where you are coming from too; I get it. I am always changing and learning and adding to what I have learned the past.
    today I learn something new from an old trainer of 60 years who shod horses all his life; and pointed to that I had made a mistake in plating this racehorse last time and started to hit. We looked at it; I admit that really screwed up and corrected it today at Delaware Park. I did the best job I had ever done; and learned where I went wrong. I will take this info to the rest of my shoeing and go over all my work for now on. I did screw up. it happens; and I learned from it; because I was humble to take a critique.

what I am mad about is the down right all shoes are bad, ect.
  3. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

I FK UP also. That's why the small details mean so much in "Real" sport horses.

The "Naturalists" are below my radar. And I keep it that way. Thus, don't interject another reference of those types of people; please. Your above that unlike JacxMO.....
  4. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

Didn't Euell Gibbons die from eating pine trees?
  5. Offline

Mr. Perry Active Member

Really you idiot. If one let's the thing die on the vine it dies a long slow, painful and natural death.
  6. Offline

Tom Bloomer Well-Known Member

LOL! What a meardafore!
  7. Offline

AnthonyLawrence Active Member

Yeppers.

We all frac up. The best golfers get the yips too.

It's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.
  8. Offline

jack mac Guest

So when I hear the shit talk from Mr glue them on ,we need to act like the farriers we wont to be. I get a little hot under the collar.

"Mr. Glue On" has evolved JacxMO; you are stuck in "The Way". "The Way" is an attitude "if it is certified to a standard" it's, the work, is good enough. So JacxMO, definition of a standard is mediocrity. Guess at best ur mediocre...... Why do I say that? Look at ur posts over the years dude...... Me thinks you need to get out of the "Bush" more

You can tell that to all the owners who's horses founded after listening to some twit horse nutritionist from the Big smoke .
    Being told your horse would most likely have to be put down & defiantly would never to be ridden again by every one else who had ago at it before me opened their eyes. That its not about fancy cards cars polo shirts & caps .
    I think if you asked those horse owners who are now back riding & winning on there beloved horse , competing in high level dressage & show jumping their opinion if it was worth phoning some mediocre old grump from the bush that smelt on occasions of liqueur when he attended their horse . Who knows they might have a kind word to say about me.
    Really I don't know why I'm having this conversation . Am I suppose to be converted to Gluing them on? & feel mediocre even more so because I don't glue shoes on & never have had to. When nailing them on has worked fine for me on the horses to date no mater how little hoof they had to nail to .:confused:
  9. Offline

Well Jack

I pretty much know all the high level competitors in Oz/Victoria. Time to start name dropping who these miraculous recoveries are... I could be your validation.... :)
  10. Offline

Platerforge Guest

well taken
  11. Offline

jack mac Guest

Is that right .Its the cock heads of the world that simple embrace & except any bit of crap put in front of them with out questioning the need & benefit. If its labelled new age , hi teac or the way of the future we the Government & corporations know best. Replacing glass jars bottles & paper bags. with plastic bottles is just one of many.
  12. Offline

jack mac Guest

Tell me who you apprenticed under over here & ill oblige you.
  13. Offline

I had a team of jumpers going at that stage, so didn't do an official apprenticeship.

However I pestered the shit out of several noted Perth farriers, most notably Dudley Anderson (who Mr Perry reminds me of in style) who was very generous with time and in kicking my arse into shape.

I value that experience more than any official apprenticeship that was available to me at that time and place.

I continue to learn.
  14. Offline

jack mac Guest

So you didn't do an apprenticeship only your trade accreditation. I'm sorry but I don't feel obligated to send you a privet message giving you details of my present or previous clients. feel free to call me a shit talker if you like I'm easy with that .I'd rather that then risk upsetting clients & falling out with them by talking about their misgivings on how they founded their horses.
  15. Offline

Thomas Opinionated and I know it

Once again someone has been in polite exchange with the anonymous troll and it's reverted to type!

I'm sorry you're still here and I'm sorry you never learned to read and write or to be civil and polite.

But I feel obligated to let you have this:

[IMG]

I didn't really need your permission but you're so full of crap you remind me of an unflushed toilet! Your ass must be jealous of what comes out of your mouth!
  16. Offline

jack mac Guest

Well I've tidied up a few spelling errors in your posts when responding to your dribble :rolleyes: Thomas stop being so lousy & try a little bit harder at giving me the shits. Your standards really have dropped off .:(
  17. Offline

Get on... You couldn't correct a spelling error so long as you've got a hole in your arse!
  18. Offline

So now you think you're Professor Henry Higgins :whistle:

You're a legend in your own mind.
  19. Offline

I'm not going to call you a shit talker Jack, that's plain for anyone to see.

I will point out that you have no honour. But that's ok, it wasn't unexpected.
  20. Offline

jack mac Guest

Well Anthony I've never heard of you in show jumping circles ;) .Nor can I find a business card with your name on it in my brother collection of farrier cards.There's over 400 in that collection. Every one that's renowned for good farrier work, card is in that collection.
    From my point of view you bag out the very farrier certificate those who have done a recognised apprenticeship afford you to be able to work in the industry. Giving you recognising that you can meet a basic standard in farrier work & their for not a major risk to the equine industry & the public in general. The public afforded the knowledge before you touch their horse ,you poses those basic standard skill's.
    What I have found in my travels. Is those like yourself that claim it is to easy to obtain there trade accreditation. Would fail miserable if asked to sit a test at a higher level.