Xray fun

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kim Turner, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Offline

Karen Fletcher Active Member

Thanks, now I understand more .
  2. Offline

david a hall Moderator

I think its an excellent thread and good on you Kim for posting it, going to the effort of having it x-rayed to try and match up external views with internal pathology. if we all tried to learn like that then our basic knowledge would be improved on a daily basis.
    with better understanding of the clinical signs then a better shoeing rationale can be adopted the better the biomech consequences of what we do is understood.
    As for the x-rays in post one, P3 seems to of compressed the sole and lead interuption to the circumflex region and to some form of traumatic chronic laminitic (usually in conjunction with concussive related conditions or as a direct consequence of concussion) this probly would be backed up with the distal fringe micro fractures that Kim has high lighted, and fit with previous clinical history.
    As for how to shoe it some form of caudal support such as a heart bar shoe with good seating out with a possitive frog pressure and in conjunction with a caudal sole pack or impression material to relieve some of the peripheal loading. while there will be other views on shoeing rational what I try to do is take the pathology and suggest to the vet who is taking the x-ray what each ancillary feature of the shoe or modern material choice will help ameliorate the seat of pain. You wont cure it.
    But I might be wrong and welcome all other diognosis and views.
  3. Offline

Bill Adams Active Member

Don't even start.
  4. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Went a slightly different route. The abscess vented out the bottom of the sole in medial toe area of the RF.
    I soaked in White Lightening, soaked gauze in liquid antibiotic and placed in the abscess vent. Durasoled both fronts.

I wanted a light shoe, so I decided to try the Happy Hoofwear ones I had. Filed to a wedge shape, and used IM in the back half. I put strong roll in the front.

The IM started setting up too fast in the RF, and it didn't squeeze out even as I'd hope. Will this cause any extra pressure or am I concerned over nothing? It's fairly even, but not set up as well as the LF.

I took a video of him walking. Going to upload it to YouTube.

uploadfromtaptalk1333138845091.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333138916004.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333138995945.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333139044785.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  5. Offline

Kim Turner Master of my own domain

Here is the video.